Tuesday, May 23, 2006

some EXCITING news!...

There's a new animation book on the scene! That's right!
"Your Career in Animation: How to Survive And Thrive"

The author of the book, David Levy, interviewed a BUNCH of industry professionals, picked their brains nice and clean, and blended it all up into written form for us to enjoy! :)
Dave is a friend of mine, and he was my animation director last year over at Cartoon Pizza on 'Pinky Dinky Doo'... He really knows his stuff, and I personally cannot wait to get my hands on the book! .....
Oh, I almost forgot!... I AM one of the 'industry professionals' interviewed in the book!... So give it a read, and only THEN can you make fun of me! ;)
Here's the link @ amazon;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1581154453/qid=1148362855/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7185378-2263866?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

... I mean, just look at that pic ... EVERYBODY enjoys a good animation book!
Thanks guys! :)
-Dagan

6 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Joe Andriola said...

nice pic man.. i wanna anmate everyone of those characters.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Dagan Moriarty said...

thanks joes :)

I'm gonna do a 'finished' version for the Asifa-East newsletter...but I hafta' also add an alien!... and a horse!... and whatever OTHER fun things come to mind!
:)
-Dag

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger jimmynock said...

Thats cool Dagan. Now I can add you to my list of famous friends. Oh wait... yer already on there.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Mary Varn said...

i found your blog and i'm loving it! i'm gonna check it all the time. i recently embarked on the world of blog with my own mary blog.
i'm totally going to get levy's book! i mean, if a dagan-style pet fish likes this book than it must be great!

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger justinpatrickparpan said...

I like your work sir, especially your rendition of Betty Rubble a couple of post below. Some seriously stylish stuff!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Dagan Moriarty said...

Brian-
Thanks, my friend.
The book should actually hit bookstores in a week or so...
It's pretty exciting!

Jim-
Thanks brutha... I'll tell ya what, it's been way too long since we sat and had a drink... We should hang soon, and bring Catapano with ya!
:)

Mary-
Wow, Mary Varn on the ol' bloggin' scene!? This is huge! :)
Great to hear from you... I'll be checkin' out your blog a lot too, now that I know it's out there.
Hope to see you soon, too.

Justin-
Thank you for the kind words, man.
I am a big fan of your work as well! Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

Have a great holiday weekend, everybody!

-Dagan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home