Tuesday, April 11, 2006

arcades RULED!


So inspired by all of the video-game-driven art I'm seeing lately... :)
I was thinking about how much I LOVED arcades when I was a kid...Those dark, smokey spots where all you saw were blinking lights and your ears were filled with the various 'bleeps' and 'zaps' from your favorite video-game machines... Those were the DAYS!!! Seems like the arcade is becoming a thing of the past... that's a shame! :(
I'm sure I'll be sketching arcade-themed stuff all week... I'm obsessed! :)
-D

5 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger :: smo :: said...

hey! there's totally an 80's arcade themed bar in brooklyn, called barcade! it rocks! everything's a quarter! no bubble bobble, but there's totally rampage and qbert! HELL YES!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Dagan Moriarty said...

thanks for the tip, man.
next time maybe we're over at KCDC we'll swing by for a few games of Ms. Pacs... ;)
-Dagan

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger chris swift said...

Yeah, arcades were the coolest renegade thing when you were younger, before the dawn of playstation, when the cutting-age games were only in the arcade.

TOP FIVE ARCADE GAMES:

Paperboy
Dragons Lair ' Don Bluth Rocks '
WireFrame Starwars
Gaunlet Multiplayer
Pacman

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger ALBERT PARDO said...

---I REALLY DIG THIS ONE, LUV THE COLOR AND THE SHAPES ROCK AS USUAL, BUT ITS TIME I SEE SOME OF THIS STUFF MOVE...

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Frank said...

dagan, come on. there's NO WAY he can play that game with that quarter. it wouldn't fit in the slot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home